Te Ngae Medical Centre is a family friendly medical centre located in the Redwood Centre at Tarawera Rd.
We offer a full range of family medicine and general practice services. Our experienced health team of doctors, nurses and administrative staff enjoy caring for our patients in our purpose built bright and welcoming centre.
You may even catch up on news by enjoying the free WIFI while you wait.
As we have now moved to Alert Level 2, some changes will be made to Te Ngae Medical Centre:
- We will be phoning all our booked appointments the day before the appointment and offering virtual consults where possible. If the doctor feels a face to face appointment is necessary, please follow these guidelines:
- A staff member will meet you at the front door and ask if you are feeling any of the following symptoms:
Cough or sore Throat;
Loss of Breath;
Head Cold or Fever;
Loss of Smell or Taste;
Diarrhoea or Vomiting;
Working in at at risk industry
We will only allow one patient per doctor in the practice at any one time as well as one Path lab appointment and all other patients must wait in the car for their appointment. All patients must sanitise their hands and we do require you to bring a mask with you when coming for your appointment. If you do not have one, one will be supplied to you before entering.
- Path Lab will still be operating at normal hours which are 8am – 12pm Monday to Friday.
- Prescriptions will be faxed to the pharmacy for you so these will not need to be picked up from the practice;
- When booking appointments please advise if you would prefer a virtual consult;
- Please ensure to sign in or scan the tracer app when entering the practice.
If you are wanting a swab done, there is a clinic available for this service located at:
2 Vaughan Rd,
At this point the hours are:
Mon, Wed & Fri 9am – 4pm or please phone the Health line on 0800 358 5453 for more information.
Please remember we do not have a drop in clinic at the moment, the Urgent Clinic is by appointment only. We do have a dedicated “hot area” which is separate from the rest of the surgery where patients with respiratory symptoms will be reviewed.
We do thank you for your understanding, this is a very uncertain time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Please have a look at the following websites for up to date information, as well as our website:
Ministry of Health website;
COVID 19 Website:
Please note: There is currently major roadworks on Te Ngae Rd which may cause some delay. Please plan accordingly when booking your appointments.
Log on here to access Accession our new, easy to use Patient Portal