Our service agreement
Our responsibility as your primary health provider is to
- confirm we have accepted your enrolment at Te Ngae Medical Centre once we have all the required information and personal identification.
- enroll you with at Te Ngae Medical Centre with your preferred doctor. If the doctor you select has a full patient workload then our staff will discuss an alternate doctor with you.
- provide skilled General Practitioners who are vocationally qualified and registered specialists or Registrars who are working toward this status.
- ensure our nurses are registered nurses and are skilled in the area of general practice nursing.
- support you and provide advice when you are unwell and help you with advice for your long term health and wellness.
- discuss referring you to a specialist health provider as appropriate.
- meet you as often as you require to review your health, medication and see how you are managing your long term condition when you have long term health issues such as diabetes, asthma or heart conditions.
- ensure we have a well supported and secure computer system to record your information. Our system meets business good practice standards of data security and backup.
- electronically transfer your medical records to your new practice when you notify us you have moved to another medical practice.
As a patient of Te Ngae Medical Centre you agree to
- complete any forms or requests for information as accurately and fully as possible to ensure we have the relevant information to care for you. If you would like help with form filling don’t hesitate to talk to our staff.
- come to each scheduled appointment, or cancel in advance when you are unable to attend.
- engage with the Te Ngae Medical Centre staff to enable both of us to focus on, and make a difference to, your health.
- call us if you have any concerns about your health particularly when you are changing your medication, your diet, or exercising please contact the practice during work hours.
- Contact our Operations Manager if you have concerns about our service, as your feedback lets us know there is a problem and helps us to improve our service.
Te Ngae Medical Centre support the Health & Disability Code of Patient Rights